Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week Two Response

     There is an abundance of ways in which to use technology in the classroom, especially when looking at digital photography.  In looking at the technology standards I was intrigued with the Creativity and Innovation standard.  In particular letter B.
     Group projects, in my opinion, are extremely helpful.  Group projects allow the students to learn how to work cooperatively.  This is extremely important in any job they will have later in life, so why not begin helping theses students with these skills now?
     The project that the students would be required to do, is, they have to create a poster/ collage that represents each and every one of the group members, yet also making sure that they are incorporating everyone's ideas into a visually pleasing, organized final poster. In order to complete this project the students will have to go out and take pictures of certain aspects in their life that defines who they are.    
     This project would be great for the very beginning of the year, to help the students to get to know each other more and also for the teacher to be able to know a little about the students; which, will help them to maybe relate so they can figure out their learning process and or home life. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I defiantly agree that group projects are beneficiary. For students that are working with technology for the first time, it may be more helpful that they work in a group, that way other students can use their acquired knowledge to help the struggling students. I think most kids are familiar with the use of cameras and computers, but maybe not printers. I like this assignment because it combines both technology and tradition by using digital photography to capture objects, by also savors the traditional tools such as paper, glue, and scissors. Students value making things with their hands and with this assignment they can both create physically and technically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that working together is super important because in life you have to work with people that you may not like. I like the idea of working together, but sometimes the kids need to work by themselves. When I was little I didn't like working in groups because I got stuck with people I didn't like to work with. But at the same time I learned that sometimes I have to work with who ever I get put together. So I guess working together is a really good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your idea about the collage, it involves three key things; the project assigned at the beginning of the year, working with other classmates, and using technology. This project seems to really unify your classroom and allow you to get to know your students along with their classmates. I also like how the project will incorporate technology, I think that will make the project more engaging for students because as present students, we know technology almost comes natural to us now.

    ReplyDelete